Catastrophic injury, what is it?
Unlike a simple injury, a catastrophic injury is any injury that may cause disability or impairment to a full quality of life. These cases usually stem from accidents. According to the Neulife Rehabilitation Center, Auto Accidents are the leading cause of catastrophic injuries. Workplace accidents are second, and falls are third. It is essential to remain well informed as over 5 million people live with disability from a Traumatic Brain Injury in the U.S., according to the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma.
Let us take care of you. Call for a free consultation at 888-514-5112 or click here to set up your free consultation call-back time.
Examples of catastrophic injuries
When you’re involved in an accident, you may be lucky and get away with minor scrapes and bruises, but sometimes it can be severe. The following are some examples of catastrophic injuries that we handle:
- Brain damage
- Loss of Limb
- Loss of hearing
- Loss of vision
- Nerve damage
- Organ damage
What are your rights when you have experienced a catastrophic injury?
A catastrophic injury can not only put a burden on you and your family members physically, but it may affect you financially. Not only are emergency medical services expensive, but the treatment options add up as well. These are the treatments that many catastrophic injury victims undergo:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Psychological Therapy
- Long/ Short term care
- Compensation for your lost earning capacity & wages
- Pain & Suffering
- Prescription Drugs
- Punitive Damages
Aside from your immediate health, we want to ensure you and your loved ones are financially covered. We would love to have the opportunity to fight for you. Please give us a call for a free consultation.
Next steps to take after you suffer a catastrophic injury
A catastrophic injury can change your life in the blink of an eye. Our #1 priority is to make you financially whole and get you back on the road to recovery as safely and quickly as possible. Here are the steps to take after you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic injury.
- Call 9-1-1: any documentation aside from your own is recommended, including that of witnesses if possible.
- Seek Medical Treatment: Depending on your sustained injuries, if you can, make sure that you are being immediately treated medically to prevent additional damage.
- Along with the witnesses and police documentation you want to have your own, taking pictures is ideal to ensure you build a strong case against those responsible.
- Contact us directly at 888-514-5112 or schedule your free call-back consultation so we can easily guide you through additional steps to take next.
Call for a free consultation at 888-514-5112 or click here to set up your free consultation call-back time.